New forum member introduction

Talk about Keka
Forum rules
Talk about Keka here. For bugs go to Issues.
ZipPeter
Keka & Me
Keka & Me

Post by ZipPeter » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:57 pm

aone wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:06 am
ZipPeter, sorry I'm indeed on the go.

I'm downloading the DiscoverMedia2_EU_AS_1310_V11.7z file right now. It's a big one, about 14GB, will tell you if it fails.
aone, that's very good of you to try the download. Thank you very much.

Yes, it's a huge file isn't it? The backup size of the original VW maps in Windows 7 was 13.9GB (automatically done for me with the VW app DiscoverCare, very nice)

Peter (ZipPeter)
ZipPeter
Keka & Me
Keka & Me

Post by ZipPeter » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:02 pm

aone wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:08 am
Just noticed you tried another version which is about 7GB, downloading that one instead.
aone, I can't remember for certain just now what that file was? I think it might have been just the update to the original VW map SD card files. I've made a note "ECE1 - Full Update 6.2GB"
Sorry to be so unhelpful.

Peter
ZipPeter
Keka & Me
Keka & Me

Post by ZipPeter » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:04 pm

aone wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:29 am
Just downloaded and extracted the file without any issue. Try to fully download it :)
aone, that's great news. I'm so relieved. So the problem is, me :)

I'll try to download it tomorrow and let you know how I get on if that's ok with you.

Peter
ZipPeter
Keka & Me
Keka & Me

Post by ZipPeter » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:07 am

aone, just a quick question about the 7GB maps file you successfully downloaded and unarchived with Keka.

I want to try to download the same file so that we can compare results, especially if I'm not successful!

Was it the one in the attachment on the right, Europe 1 - Bundle covering just a reduced number of countries?

When I've tried to download, after about 15 minutes I get the error message in the attachment, "502 Bad Gateway".
Any idea what that is trying to tell us?

Peter
ZipPeter
Keka & Me
Keka & Me

Post by ZipPeter » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:10 am

aone, here are the two attachments that should have been with my previous message.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.